Sunday, February 13, 2011

Basketball Game # 6

Haha this was a very HARD basketball game, actually I think the hardest one for me to play in this season. Usually the games are very good, they aren't too rough, the Refs are pretty good... but I guess it all has to end sometime. This game was awful. We are starting the Basketball Tournament, so we are second place to go to region. Now... let me explain, these games are just for fun. The Three best teams out of the stake are going to go play at Region, and play the other stakes, it is very fun. But for practice they have us play the wards that are in our stake for a " Tournament". So it doesn't really matter if we win or lose. Back to the game... Okay here we go. WE are playing a 1st place team and we are second. Our coach puts me in to start, and we just get goin, the rhythm had been set, by the end of 8 minutes it was 8-0 we were ahead. But we have enough girls to have two teams. So she rotates a whole nother team in, and they completely fell apart. Which is OK we were still doing pretty good. The only problems were... The ref was pregnant and couldn't keep up with the game, She wouldn't call anything, and The other team took advantage of her being from their ward, and her not calling anything and went to town on fouling, and being way rough. It was out of control. This girl about my age and size would constantly run into me, shove me, push me, grab me, bump me, say stuff to me, and it goes on... think of anything you want that would hurt and is illegal in basketball and they did it. She did this to everyone. Eventually I had enough of trying to be good and nice but firm,and stood up for myself ha we kept getting in " little fights" ( which basically means, I got sick and tired of being good, and her pushing everyone around, that I started to guard her and give her grief, in other wards I held my own with her). Anyways this is all way too confusing to put in a nice organized post so I apologize for the confusing mess this is... The ending score was.... 18-17 only we were 17. I came out of the game, spitting up in my mouth, sore, coughing, a bruised rib, and little bruises on my stomach from getting hit soooo many times, it made me sick. Everyone was mad about that game it was ridiculous. All I can say it I hope we play them again, and when we do they better watch out because revenge in my mind is very sweet.... no I will be good but I am not going to put up with them pushing my team around. I will FIGHT!!! WIN!!!!! and post about it all when it is over hahaha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment