Friday, July 1, 2011

St. George

My ward takes all the young women who have their personal progress done on a trip. This year we went to a leaders condo at st. George. It was so much fun. Here are some stories of what happened.

So lets start with the Sand dunes! They were awesome! Bailey and I ran up and down like three of them, they weren’t huge, but there were a lot. Then we would all run and jump and land in them. It was sooo much fun!!! The sand was very fine, and hot, but if we dug our feet down into them then it was cool.

So then we went back and went swimming. The pool was awesome. I didn’t put on sun screen for like 4 hours, so my shoulders and back are a little fried, woops my bad.

Then at the pool I broke my toe!!!! It stinkin hurts, I feel your pain. It was funny; first I stubbed it in a closet runner, the kind for the door to slide on. Then at the pool I pushed bailey into the pool, so she got out and later pushed me in. But on the edge of the pool there is a brick line all around it, a ½ inch gap, and then the cement. When I fell, my toe got stuck in that gap, and broke it. But we didn’t know it was broken, so I kept on swimming, and endured the pain. Then when we were done, I stubbed it again on the way back. It hurts so bad.

Then that night, we went and hiked the narrows. Let me tell you, they sure are narrow. I started to go in them, and all the others girls were fine, but my huge butt, hips, and thighs got stuck!!!!! It was 1. Scary, and 2. Embarrassing!!! I was practically pulling myself threw them and my butt was rubbing and getting stuck all the time. It was quite a task to get through with it all intact. I do have scratches and bruises on it. It makes me shudder to think what might have happened if I had gotten stuck. But I had all these girls behind me and I was ¾ of the way through before it started getting tight. So it was a little too late to turn back. Besides I wanted to be able to say I did it. I like to do stuff like that.

Next we hiked the bluffs. They were so beautiful! But it was very high up and a pretty good drop off, so I was up and down in probably ten minutes. It freaked me out and it was right after the narrows, so I figured I had enough excitement for one night.

Last we visited the St. George temple grounds. It was gorgeous. The temple is the brightest white I have ever seen on one. It is made of Red Sand Stone, and then plastered white. It also has the original baptismal font, oxen and everything!

So when we got there, I was a funny looking tree, it was tall, had this weird bark stuff at the top, and these weird leaves. So in order to satisfy my curiosity, I asked sis. Goodrich and bailey, “What’s that?!” Come to find out it’s a palm tree! Boy did I feel stupid. I didn’t even know what a palm tree was. I guess I’m homeschooled! Haha jk. But I never lived that one down. In my defense, I t sure didn’t look like the ones at In N Out!!!! Grrr I sure felt stupid, but that’s ok.

I thought this was a cool pic.
This kind of shows what the narrows were like. Me on the steps of the temple
Me standing under a palm tree
My broken toe
the narrows!

No comments:

Post a Comment